MORE LIFE Album Live Reaction

Sorry for the delay, meant to post this right after the album came out.


For a visual, I'm currently eating french toast outside on a beautiful day listening to the new Drake.

Here is my first reaction to Drake's new album (playlist sorry).

This is posted a few weeks after the album came out but here were my first thoughts. The rules I set for myself were I couldn't look anything up and I could only write about each song for it's duration. Also no pausing the album. Here are my first reaction/thoughts.






1. Free Smoke

The first song on the album starts with a gospel intro then BAM big bass drop and Drizzy goes in. Ok Drake is coming at all the wack rappers and moving to Dubai.

"I'm not Kid n Play, this kid doesn't play about the flow" *insert 100 fire emojis

Oh damn, this outro is trippy, who's this British dude?!


2. No Long Talk feat Giggs

Ok hard bass drop with some British dude yelling WE LIT. Is Drake British now? I'm not sure what half these British slang words mean? When Drake says "ting" to me it's hilarious. Is this rapper related to Man U legend Ryan Giggs?

Ting counter: 4

That British dude said some WILD stuff but it doesn't sound as bad cause the accent.


3. Passionfruit

Dancehall Drake has arrived. About to start two-stepping at the coffeeshop. Is that Ludacris? Man if this song was out while I was in college I would have tried to play it for an hour straight at every party. Hot track I'm not sure if it has the catchiness of a Hotline Bling but I like it.

4. Jorja Interlude

This sample is fire, it's a sample where you can't hear what the words are but I'll look them up later. Wait is the harmonica from Doing it Wrong off of Take Care? That was a beautiful sub 2 minutes.



5. Get it Together feat. Black Coffee and Jorja Smith

Looks like we're going to a club vibe now. I'm not sure if I liked the first singer but this piano and Drake melody is cool. Ok first song I'm not feeling except for the small snippet with the drop/Drake.


6. Madiba Riddim

Ok back to the island/dancehall vibes! This is some fire I can already tell. *tries to invent a smooth new dance move* I dig this.


7.  Blem

That snare drum is coming in hot. Isn't Unruly the name of Popcaan's group? He should have been on this song would have been legendary. Oh dang Drake calling all the exes "Wastemen"

"Don't switch on me I got big plans"

This song is full of lines for people to not so subtlely put as IG captions to take shots at their exes.


8. 4422 feat Sampha

This feels like a Weeknd vibe. I hear about Sampha being good but I'm a hater and don't listen to someone when my expectations get raised so I don't know much about him.  Ok that was chill I can see it being a good song to relax too but where's Drake?


9. Gyalchester

TAT ON MY WRIST LIKE I DON'T KNOW WHAT PERMANENT IS!

Drake doesn't take naps? That's a bold statement.  Love how he goes acapella for a few seconds.


10 Skepta Interlude

Beat is ok, I like a few Skepta songs but this is whatever to me.


11. Portland feat Quavo and Travis Scott

Here we go big features from people we all know. Another recorder in a fire beat. If music classes were smart they would teach kids Portland and Mask Off on the recorder instead of Hot Cross Buns.

With the Phelps mention we need to get him in the music video.


12. Sacrifices 2 Chainz & Young Thug

Another song with somfeaturedeatued. Oh another Dubai reference. Ok nice song nothing crazy.


13. Nothings Into Somethings

My guy Berhe told me this was his favorite track. This sounds like slow down Take Care Drake. Some switching from singing to rapping.


14. Teenage Fever

A Drake ballad, I love Drake ballads. Marvins Room has been played on my iTunes at least 300 times. These are some petty lryics, I like it. This songs like a popular song's chorus but I'm not sure what it is. Also I need to see who's singing this... (later saw it was JLO)


15. KMT feat Giggs

Ok another song with Giggs, This is basically a Grime British hip hop song with Drake. The first few lines fom Giggs are hot then I'm not sure what's he's trying to say.


16- 24

Can't Have Everything is fire everything else doesn't do much for me.



Solid album, I enjoy the bangers with the features Portland and Sacrafices. The dancehall/island vibe songs are great. The bars Drake on Gyalchester and Free Smoke show that Drake can spit hot bars when he wants. I'm not sure about the British songs and other tracks but I'm a huge Drake fan so I'm sure different tracks will come to grow on me.

Alright now I'm going to go listen to some Colbie Caillat so I can chill out.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rise of Future Hendrix

What's better I Need a Girl Part 1 or Part 2?

Drake's Hidden Gems