My Experience Purchasing a Record Player

Yesterday was Record Store Day, where people were encouraged to visit their local record store. As someone who loves music, I've always wanted a record player to play vinyl. The experience of the album art and the richer sound is something that I enjoy. With the convenience of digital streaming music, we lose the art and patience of music.

So yesterday I decided to purchase a record player after years of wanting to own one. I felt a reconnection with music that I've heard numerous times before by having a different listening experience. When I put on Purple Rain onto my record player I was forced to sit and simply listen to the songs. I couldn't multitask with my headphones in or skip songs with ease. I simply sat back and listened to the songs in the order and sound that Prince meant for them to be listened in.

I also purchased a few of my favorite recent albums that sound great on vinyl. The album that I got that sounds great on vinyl is House of Balloons by The Weeknd. The depth of the weird sounds and effects of the album are much easier to pick up compared to listening on digital streaming.

Albums I want on vinyl

Led Zeppelin IV
Room for Squares- John Mayer
12 Play- R Kelly
Hotel California- The Eagles
DS2- Future
Reasonable Doubt- Jay Z
Forever My Lady- Jodeci

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rise of Future Hendrix

What's better I Need a Girl Part 1 or Part 2?

Drake's Hidden Gems