Drake's Hidden Gems




Aubrey Grahm aka Drizzy aka October's Very Own aka Drake is no doubt a superstar. He has transitioned from child actor to a rapper on Lil Wayne's Young Money label to an icon. His music has become anthems for months and he recently hosted SNL. With this level of popularity, it's hard to imagine his music being anything close to hidden but there are a lot of great songs from Drake you may have missed. I remember listening to Ransom feat. Lil Wayne in my 98 Jetta in 2008 as a Senior in high school via cassette adapter. I am going to try and introduced your or reintroduce you to some great Drake songs you may have glossed over or simply missed.

Check out this chill love song featuring singer Lykke Li. 

One of Drake's best early songs.

Stuntin' feat Lil Wayne
This is a song off of Lil Wayne's Dedication 3 when we didn't know much about Drake.

Congratulations
Drake does a verse over some Coldpay.
Drake spits a verse over a beat using the oldey "Tom's Diner"

Dueces Remix
A mega remix of the smash Dueces.

I'm Ready for You
A better version of Rita Ora's RIP track

We In This 1.5 feat. Future
One of my favorite Drake verses ever. 

Us
An ultra-aggressive song with Rick Ross/Lil Reese

Sweeterman Remix 
This song came out via OVO Sound and is a big improvement over the original

2 On Remix
A remix of Tinashae's 2 On with OB Obrien

Odio
This song makes me want to learn how to salsa dance. I guess Drake knows Spanish?









What's your favorite "hidden gem" by Drake?

Thank you for reading my blog! Let me know if you have any suggestions or feedback.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rise of Future Hendrix

What's better I Need a Girl Part 1 or Part 2?