Ultimate High School Dance Party Playlist

I graduated from high school in 2009 there are certain songs that will forever stay with me. Whether it was a song that had a goofy dance you had to learn or memories of awkwardly trying to ask a girl to dance.

Fun side note: the first time I every slow danced with a girl was in 6th grade to David Banner's Cadillac on 22s which is extremely funny looking on back on. It's funny to think that the DJ at Marcy Open school's dance decided to play that song for a bunch of middle schoolers.

Here are the songs that not only were fire to me in high school but I can listen to now.

Slow Jamz- Kanye West
It still baffles me that when you're out at a bar or party this song isn't played every time. The fact that it's a song everyone knows and has a great balance of hip hop and r&b.

Whatever You Like- TI
I remember first hearing this song after a high school football practice. The melody/beat made this song an instant hit.

Peaches and Cream- 112
An extremely dirty song that went way over my head at 16 years old. I briefly remember thinking (man 112 are really into fruit are dessert) 
Dance with Me by 112 is also still a banger.

Get Busy- Sean Paul
Sean Paul had the best dance generating dancehall vibes in the late 2000s. There are numerous songs that he came out with that couldn't help but make me want to dance. Shoutout to Baby Boy being extremely slept on.

J-Kwon- Tipsy
Once the lead in for this song plays everyone went crazy. The song was all about partying in a house at a young age.

Yeah- Usher
This song was so hot in late middle school/early high school I remember the DJ playing in three times in one night at a dance.

Lollipop- Lil Wayne
This may have been the hottest song at Lil Wayne's peak popularity. I remember listening to this on repeat for hours.

Laffy Taffy- D4L
I was really into snap music in high school. Not many of those songs hold up well today but I still enjoy this song from D4L.

Kiss Kiss- Chris Brown/T Pain
Whoever heard this song immediately thought they could pop and lock like t pain or cbreezy.




What was your favorite song to hear at a high school/middle school dance?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rise of Future Hendrix

What's better I Need a Girl Part 1 or Part 2?

Drake's Hidden Gems