Lil Wayne's Top Mixtape Songs

When it comes to modern mixtapes Lil Wayne will always be king. In high school, it felt like every week a new Dedication or Drought mixtape came out. These mixtapes are some of my fondest and most memorable moments listening to hip-hop. At the time of their release, it felt as though Lil Wayne could do no wrong in the span of 2007-2009. If another artist put out a song with a fire beat you had to assume Lil Wayne was going to jump on that beat and body it.  I recall vividly having to update my iPod mini every few weeks and also burn a bunch of CDs so I had the newest Lil Wayne

On Christmas, Weezy gave us all a gift with the release of the newest edition of his mixtape series Dedication 6. I was pleasantly surprised by the project specifically by XO Tour Life, Yeezy Sneakers, and Eureka.

When I look up "Lil Wayne" on my iTunes I have over 4 hours of music with the majority being mixtapes. Here are my top Lil Wayne mixtape tracks.





XO Tour Life- Dedication 6

Like I mentioned previously Wayne is crazy in this song. In my opinion, this was the best beat of 2017 and Weezy proves he can spit flame.

Same Damn Time- Dedication 4

"Smoother than a symphony"

One Night Only- Drought is Over Part 4

Where'd you find this?

Ask Them- Drought is Over Part 4

If you don't hear this it is not a true exclusive.

Bonafide Hustler- I Can't Feel My Face

I was a huge Juelz Santana fan at this time so when this came out I loved this mixtape. 


Rep My Hood- I Can't Feel My Face


Stuntin'- Dedication 3

Young Drake is on this and it's awesome.


Ain't I- Dedication 3

Poppin' Them Bottles- Dedication 2

What U Kno- Dedication 2

Walk it Off- Dedication 2
One of my favorite mixtape Wayne songs tied with No Other.

No Other-Dedication 2
Crazy...

Seat Down Low- Drought 3
Probably listened to this song 1000 plus times in my mom's minivan.


Ride 4 My- Drought 3
Epic song/beat.

Live From 504- Drought 3
Classic flow/bars

King Kong- Drought 3
One of the hottest beats of the time, Lil Wayne doesn't disappoint.

Swag Surfin'- No Ceilings
After a few years of Wayne being down this came out and went hard. 

Award for most unexpected Lil Wayne reference: on this song Lil Wayne says "now women kick it with me like Nomar Garciaparra" that a reference to Nomar's wife Mia Hamm.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rise of Future Hendrix

What's better I Need a Girl Part 1 or Part 2?

Drake's Hidden Gems