The Ultimate Hype the Crowd Playlist

In college as a joke a myself and a few of my friends had an ongoing joke that certain songs were so wild that various bars in Bowling Green had banned them from being played due to that they caused riots/fights. Here is my collection of songs that will cause the sudden urge to break a bottle, spin a shirt around your head like a helicopter. These are the songs that the woman in the Kanye West song Slow Jamz was talking about taking a break from. The following songs combine a level of familarity with extreme bass and a fast tempo.

Raise Up- Petey Pablo



I've always joked that if you ever saw Petey Pablo in concert you would need to bring an extra t-shirt. I love this chorus and the associated dance of "take your shirt off/twist it around your hand/spin it like a helicopter"

Neva Eva- Trillville


This song is the embodiment of what this list is. The song Neva Eva evokes chaos at every note. I've only heard this song one time while at a bar and after the chorus played for the first time multiple dudes were shirtless and drinks were being thrown around in the air.

Break Ya Neck- Busta Rhymes


The combination of Busta Rhymes' fast paced lyrics and this beat make for a great song. I can remember hearing this song on the school bus and having no idea what Busta was saying but I knew I liked it.


Still Fly- Three 6 Mafia


This song was most people's introduction to Three 6 Mafia. The distorted chorus has a message that everyone can relate to "Gotta stay fly."


We Be Steady Mobbin'- Lil Wayne/Drake/Gucci Mane


This song came out of nowhere as I don't believe it was on an album or a mixtape. We Be Steady Mobbin' came out during peak Lil Wayne and the collaboration with Gucci Mane made me want a joint mixtape.

m.A.A.d. City- Kendrick Lamar


This is my favorite track on the instant classic album Good Kid Maad City. The drop at the start is crazy.

Welcome To ATL- Jermaine Dupri/Ludacris


One of the best hip hop beats to heavily rely on piano along with Tupac Ambitionz Az A Ridah and CREAM.

Grove St. Party- Waka Flocka Flame


In Bowling Green there's a Grove St. and I always wanted to live there so you could play the song above on repeat with extra meaning. There are numerous songs from Waka Flocka that could make this list but this song never gets old.

Knuck If You Buck- Crime Mob


This song was my alarm in the morning for a couple years and I woke up with relative ease each morning. 

Swag Surfin'- F.L.Y.


In my previous post I mentioned how this song gave birth to one of the best hip hop dances of recent memory. 


What songs did I miss?

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rise of Future Hendrix

What's better I Need a Girl Part 1 or Part 2?

Drake's Hidden Gems