New Jams for Summer 2013

I am sorry for the long delay but Dj Blufire is back.  It has been a beautiful summer and I have been enjoying myself I hope you all have been too.

This has been a HUGE summer for hip hop.  There have been multiple big album releases everyone from Jay-Z to J. Cole and Kanye.  There has also been some under the radar songs and mixtapes released.

In this blog I will run through some of my favorite songs so far this summer.  What new music have you been jamming to this summer? Let me know in the comment section.


Crown- Jay-Z



A great beat and a diss to super sports agent Scott Boras what's not to like?


Fuckwithmeyouknowigotit- Jay-Z ft. Rick Ross



I didn't expect Rick Ross to be on Jay-Z's new album MCHG but it made my favorite song on the album.


When I Feel Like It- Fabolous ft. 2 Chainz


I blog, when I feel like it!


Been On- Chantel West Coast ft. French Montana

When I first found out this was blonde girl who is on those shows on MTV with Rob Dyrdek I was very skeptical.  With the help of French Montana the song goes hard (HAAAAAA). Her new mixtape is actually not bad with the help of good production and good features.  Apparently she's signed to Young Money....


Welcome To The Party- Party Next Door


So far this has been the mixtape I can't stop listening to.  Party Next Door is a group from Canada and an artist Drake recently signed to his OVOXO label.  After listening to the group people will make unfair comparisons to the Weeknd.  Party Next Door has it's own sound with a combination of rapping and singing.  Check out their debut mixtape here!

She Knows- J. Cole


J. Cole drops a song with an interesting sample on this song.  In the song J. Cole explains trying living up to expectations of women.  Side note this is a must see hilarious video from J. Cole.


Movies- Mac Miller


Mac Miller dropped a good album that was overshadowed by Kanye and J. Cole's albums.  This song features an erie beat that you might hear in an old time horror movie. 

"People worship these idols to they come in contact with gods"

Black Skinhead- Kanye West


I'm still not sure how I feel about Yeezus... Since it's come out I've only listened to it a handful of times because there's been other music to come out recently that I've enjoyed more.  Nevertheless the beat to Black Skinhead is ridiculous, it contains tribal chants and drums.  It's a unique song that we've come to expect from Mr. West.


Don't Think They Know- Chris Brown ft. Aaliyah


This is a jam.  The song samples an old Jon B song from back in the day.  It's also interesting to watch the video and see Aaliyah pulling a "Tupac" by being a hologram.


Michael- The Dream

In this world I know a couple things to be true. The sky is blue and the Dream knows how to make great R&B songs.  This is my favorite song off his album IV Play.


Thank you for checking out my blog!  Look for more blogs soon.  If you have any feedback let me know in the comments section.

THE LIFE IS SO EXCITING

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rise of Future Hendrix

What's better I Need a Girl Part 1 or Part 2?

Drake's Hidden Gems