OVO Sound Playlist (Excluding Drake & The Weeknd)

If you have read this blog or know me at all you know I am a huge fan of Drake and all of the artists on his OVO label. one of my favorite mixes is the OVO Sound mix that comes out on Sundays. Here are my favorite tracks from OVO artists that aren't Drake or The Weeknd.

Majid Jordan

Probably my favorite out of all of these artists. This duo combines catchy hooks and melodies to make songs you could dance or cry to. I'm still sad I had to give up tickets to their concert at First Ave a few years back.

Must listen: Gave Your Love Away. I want to perform this song at karaoke like the music video.


You

Gave Your Love Away

Outro

Place Like This

Make it Work




dvsn


With high pitched vocals and sometimes soft beats many songs on their album run together. But after I saw dvsn live as they opened for Drake at the Summer 16 tour I became a big fan. 

Must listen: Don't Choose. The drop transition is crazy, goes from light snare/bells to an insane bass drop.


Don't Choose

Body Smile

With Me

Hallucinations




PARTYNEXTDOOR


After his self-titled debut, I was really into PARTYNEXTDOOR. About 5 years later most of the songs he put out since have been pretty blah in my opinion. That doesn't take away from a few good songs from his first album.

Recognize feat. Drake

Welcome To the Party

Wus Good Curious


Roy Woods


My favorite artist on this list along with Majid Jordan. It seems like he's gotten better over time. 

Must listen: Top Left. A commonly used slang term in Toronto meaning "swear to god" it's because your heart is on the top left of your body.


Go Go Go

Get You Good

Instinct feat. MadeinTYO

Top Left

Monday to Monday

How I Feel

Baka Not Nice

Live Up to My Name

Money in the Bank

I Am Who I Am




PLAZA


I honestly am not sure what PLAZA looks like (similar to when I first started listening to the weekend). However, his first two EPs are fun and worth checking out if you like OVO Sound artists.


Wanting You

Personal


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rise of Future Hendrix

What's better I Need a Girl Part 1 or Part 2?

Drake's Hidden Gems