My First Time Hearing a Song by Drake



No matter what you opinion of Drake is it's impossible to talk hip hop and not mention Drake's name.  At the age of 26 Drake has already won a grammy and created multiple songs that have become anthems.  His music has transcended genres and has taken over pop culture.  We all know Drake started from Degrassi now he's here, but I had a flashback the other day recalling the first time I heard him rap.

It was 2008 spring of my junior year in high school and on MySpace (throwback) I saw a new song called Ransom from Lil Wayne featuring some guy named Drake.  To remind you this was when Lil Wayne was in his absolute prime and anything he touched sounded amazing.  



I hear the song and hear Drake open the song with talking about smoking.  I ended up digging the song and doing some research on this guy.  I ended up downloading his mix tape called Heartbreak Drake you can get here.  

It's crazy to think about how over 4 years ago a rapper from Canada starting rapping with Lil Wayne and now he's one of the hottest rappers in the game.  If your not familiar with Drake's early music check it out there's some gems.  While we're eagerly waiting for Nothing Was the Same see how he Started from the Bottom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rise of Future Hendrix

What's better I Need a Girl Part 1 or Part 2?

Drake's Hidden Gems